cucumber peanut salad
2011/05/19 § Leave a comment
Today for lunch, I made a Cucumber Salad– I stole this recipe off of All Recipes but decided change it up a bit. Here is my recipe: (a little different from the websites)
- 1 large cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and diced
- salt to taste (sea salt)
- Shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dried red chile pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Mix together salt, coconut, and cucumber, and allow to drain in a colander for ten minutes to release water. Pat dry, and place in a medium size bowl.
- Place sunflower oil in a small saucepan, and stir in cumin and chili pepper.
- Add peanuts, lemon juice, sugar, and melted butter to cucumber, and stir together. Garnish with cilantro.